Sunday, January 15, 2006

what do you call something like this?

This is one of those nights where all I want to do is complain. I thought taking a walk would help me get oxygen to my brain along with a better mood but it seems to have had the opposite effect. And you know what? This time I just ranted and raved and, in general, whined to God. He's the best listener around. The practical side of me usually finds ways to make me stop that usually have to do with original sin. Tonight, though, I just let myself go and it felt good. Someone once told me that he hated it when at funerals people would say to the family "You have to be strong now" or "Don't cry. Be brave." That's just a bunch of crap. Why restrain emotion that will help to get out? We aren't perfect beings. We can cry and have temper tantrums with God because he's God and he wants to listen to our burdens and our worries so that he can take them and carry them for us. This is one of the most reasurring things I have heard my whole life. I don't have to be strong because Christ is strong for me. I can lean on him when I am weak and don't want to go on.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to get up and smile for my kids and at least act like I have it together. This last night, though, I can just be a human being and let it all pour out. In then end, I know, God will be there to hold me safe in the palm of his hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home